Joint Replacement Avoidance Program
East Berkshire NHS Trust is working in partnership with Active Solutions to deliver an innovative program in the management of Osteoarthritis.
The joint replacement avoidance program started within Ascot and Bracknell CCG in 2014 and has since been extended to East Berkshire CCG. Our understanding of the processes involved in why patients develop painful arthritis has helped us better identify the most suitable patients for our program.
Do I Qualify?
- Do you have moderate to severe hip or knee pain?
- Are you finding it more difficult to carry out your daily activities due to pain?
- Are you motivated to avoid surgery?
- Are you prepared to change your behaviour to manage your body weight, exercise consistently, and seek help if required for you mental health?
How do I enrol?
Following a referral from your GP you will be invited to attend a seminar at our clinic in Ascot. This is an opportunity to learn more about the program and whether it is right for you. You will then be offered an initial assessment with a physiotherapist who will take a detailed history and evaluate your suitability for admission onto the program.
What does it involve?
- Attending our clinic in Ascot twice a week for 3 months.
- Education and advice about your condition and what you can do to help yourself.
- An individualised program of exercises performed on our specialist equipment supervised by one of our highly trained physiotherapists.
- A 6 and 12 month follow up to support your journey beyond discharge.
For more information please contact us.